Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Eiffel Tower!!!





Well upper east siders, you might have some competition in the City of Lights - Paris is amazing. While I was there it was the Eiffel Towers 120th Birthday!!!!! I wanted them to have fireworks but I had to settle for the sparkly lights and Ohhh are they SPARKLY! The whole tower lights up at night and sparkles like a Harry Winston engagement ring....its pretty :)
Loved the Eiffel Tower but it is cold way up there sooo, I have to say my favorite part of Paris was the Musse de Orsay (see picture 2). All the impressionist art my little heart could desire. What you see there is my personal favorite Pierre-Auguste Renior, Danse a la campagne, all I can say it being in their presence is simply splendid.
And then because the weather was fricken awesome I did a night walking tour of Paris - me at the Arc de Triumph - Napolean really did have a complex. That arc is HUGE!
Im off to enjoy London, again!
xoxo,
S

1 comment: